Friday, August 7th kicks off this season's Tax-Free Shopping Weekend in Virginia!
Friday through Sunday (August 7-9, 2020) purchases of certain school supplies priced at less than $20 and certain clothing and footwear priced at less than $100 per item can be purchased tax-free.
You may also purchase qualifying hurricane and emergency preparedness items, and Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products without paying sales tax. According to the Virginia Tax website, this includes:
- School supplies, clothing, and footwear
- Qualified school supplies - $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear - $100 or less per item
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products
- Portable generators - $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws - $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories - $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items - $60 or less per item
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for noncommercial home or personal use - $2,500 or less per item
For a list of what items you can purchase tax-free this year and additional detail on the process Click HERE.